Friday 2 March 2007

Pilgrimage to Walsingham

It looks as if I'm going to be able to score another pilgrimage badge.

I'm already entitled to wear my scallop shell badge for the pilgrimage to Santiago. The Mediaeval Trust is  organising a re-enactment of the pilgrimage from Norwich to Walsingham - in proper medieval dress.  I'm really tempted to go.

Unfortunately the word has got out that we are being authentic 24/7. That is, no bunking off at six o'clock to go the pub and stay in a B&B. No, we've got to sleep on straw and eat proper medieval food. Fortunately I do know the Mediaeval Trust is blessed with some excellent cooks!

What do I get for four days of footslogging? Well if I go, I'm going to be raising some sponsorship for the Trust. And I hope I'll get another pilgrimage badge - like the one shown on Ladysmaid's page about pilgrimage (it's about half way down).

Is it really worth it? Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment